Fall is coming quickly in Santa Fe, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the ideal time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the feel of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a large impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to ponder when choosing your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are several ways to create levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stage pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a charming scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors Southwest in Santa Fe a call at 505-373-1286 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!