The cold season is fast approaching in Santa Fe and when the temperature gets colder, the utility bills can often increase. There are many things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors Southwest is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful in every season, here are some of the benefits that storm doors provide during Santa Fe winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money in your home as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can find its way in and impact your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella Windows and Doors Southwest team a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to produce a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to come into your home. Chat with a professional to repair these issues before the colder temperatures hit Santa Fe.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors Southwest in Santa Fe a call at 505-373-1286 or check out our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.