Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a central role in the first impression that guests have when arriving at your Santa Fe home. When you determine it’s time to replace your doors, it generally means you are ready to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home ambiance. Either way, replacement doors are a big decision and require a few things to bear in mind. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows and Doors Southwest have a few things to take into account before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finalize the style of your doorway with decorative hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look one of a kind!
- Experiment with lighting. People often underestimate the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re illuminating specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, suitable lighting can bring a complete look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery about a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can pull attention to certain door details and shift attention away from other unpleasant parts of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many additional features that can add a lot to a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the right accents, your door and home can be given a major makeover.
Accept guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a great first impression. Drop by the Pella Windows and Doors Southwest showroom in Santa Fe, give them a call at 505-373-1286 or plan an appointment online to work through all the choices for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.